BGB equipment writer
BANGKOK, THAILAND: There’s little debate that TaylorMade have some of the world’s hottest putters in their stable. And earlier this week the American equipment giants marked the red-hot putting stroke of Masters champion Sergio Garcia, world number one Dustin Johnson and Olympic champion Justin Rose, by releasing the very same red Spider putters used by the Tour stars.
— Justin Rose (@JustinRose99) September 28, 2017
And they have ensured every taste will be satisfied by launching no fewer than six varieties of the distinctive red mallets.
What are they all about?
– Each putter in the TP Red Collection boasts a 6061 aluminum Pure Roll insert. A technology TaylorMade have employed in recent models, where face groves are filled with polymer. The soft material grips the ball and lifts it out of any depressions on the green to ensure a smooth roll.
– Each putter in the TP Red Collection has a head weight of 335g, 70 degree lie angle and a 3.5 degree loft. All are available in 34 and 35 inch length options.
– Each in the TP Red Collection features an interchangeable sole weight to fine tune the head weight for consistency.
– Each in the TP Red Collection is gripped with a Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0
– Each in the TP Red Collection is milled from 304 stainless steel and finished with the Jason Day inspired Tour Red paint.
Take a peak