THE BGB LOWDOWN
- England’s Mel Reid finally broke her LPGA Tour duck, carding a 67 to win the ShopRite LPGA Classic by a two-shot margin on Sunday.
- Reid traded seven birdies with three bogeys to set the winning total of 19-under par 265.
- She has six titles on the Ladies European Tour and after going close at her last outing – the Cambia Portland Classic – 33-year-old Reid finally crossed the finish line in pole position.
- America’s Jennifer Kupcho came in second after closing out with a 3-under par 68.
- She was left to rue a double-bogey six at the par-four eighth, and despite a late birdie flourish the damage had been done.
- Jennifer Song finished a further shot back after posting a 69.
- Mel Reid and Jennifer Song both qualified for the U.S. Women’s Open Champions Golf Club in Houston, Texas, December 10-13, 2020.
- Moriya Jutanugarn finished the week as the leading Thai player. Although she will have been far from happy with her final round of one-over par 72.
- The 26-year-old ended up on seven-under par 277, in a share of 24th spot, 12 shots off the leader.
- Round of the day accolade fell to Pajaree Anannarukarn who fired a flawless 65 to move through the field into a share of 35th position on five-under par 279.
- Pornanong Phatlum carded a solid – if unspectacular – 70 to reach three-under 281, a score that left her tied for 43rd.
QUOTES OF THE DAY