THE BGB LOWDOWN:
- Lauren Stephenson and Mi Hyang Lee fired opening 63s to take joint lead after day one of the Shoprite LPGA Classic Presented By ACER
- Stephenson – playing her second season on tour – birdied four of her first five holes, before adding another four birdies, an eagle and two bogies
- Lee from Korea – who last won back in 2017, a second LPGA title – went flawless on Thursday, closing out with two birdies.
- Ryann O’Toole and Japan’s Nasa Hataoka share third a shot off the pace on seven-under par.
- Defending champion, Lexi Thompson opened with a 67. The American veteran is winless on Tour since this event last year.
- Georgia Hall from England, the Cambia Portland Classic winner, matched Thompson at 67.
- The event is being played over 72 holes for the second time since it’s inception back in 1986
- Patty Tavantanakit is the leading Thai player, carding a near flawless 66 for a share of sixth at five-under par. Her only dropped shot came at the short par-three 11th.
- Pornanong Phatlum and Moriya Jutanugarn both shot 67s to share 12th. Both dropped only one shot each.
- Pajaree Anannarukarn shot 71 for a share of 55th
- Ariya Jutanugarn could only muster a disappointing 71 to perch herself on the projected cut-line in 55th.
- Witchanee Meechai has her work cut out to make the weekend after recording a two-over 73.
QUOTES OF THE DAY: