THE BGB LOWDOWN
- Mel Reid of England fired a flawless 66 to move one shot clear of the field heading into the final round of the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- It’s deja-vu for Reid who held a similar position at her last outing – the Cambia Portland Classic – on that instance she failed to convert a two-shot advantage.
- Seeking what would be a break-though win on Tour, Reid positioned herself at the head of the pack with a round that included an eagle at the par-five ninth and four unanswered birdies.
- Chasing Reid are the American duo of Jennifer Kupcho and Jennifer Song – matching names and matching scores of 65 on Saturday to reach 14-under par.
- First round leader Nasa Hataoka fell back to fourth spot three off the lead thanks to a disappointing 70, could have been worse for the Japanese player, but for two birdies in her closing three holes.
- A win for Kupcho would see her become the youngest winner on the LPGA Tour in 2020 at 23 years, 4 months and 20 days
- Moriya Jutanugarn did all of her work on the front nine, rolling in four birdies to reach the turn at nine-under par.
- Unfortunately the journey home was not so fruitful, a bogey and eight pars saw her sign for a 68 and drop back into a tie for 14th position.
- Pornanong Phatlum treaded water on Saturday, she traded two birdies with two bogeys en route to a level par 71 and a tie for 45th on two-under.
- After making the cut right on the line, Pajaree Anannarukarn failed to make any inroads on the leaderboard, she shot one-over 73 and fell back into a share of 69th spot.
QUOTES OF THE DAY